Saturday, January 5, 2008

2008

So Adam and I were sitting here reading everyone's blogs and their new years resolutions and things have been so crazy this last week, we actually forgot to make new years resolutions!! I can't believe it! So here goes...
I am having a hard time making a list... there are so many changes I hope for this coming year: (So I will just dive right in)
  • Get back to the gym: Working out makes me so happy! Just after a good kickboxing work out is one of the greatest feelings and I hope I can get back to doing that for my health and happiness :) (Unless it makes me gain all that weight back... just teasing guys! ;)
  • Read: Reading is such a good escape from reality and it seems like I forget about it sometimes! I hope to read at least 12 books this year! (And text books don't count)
  • Don't sweat the small stuff: Sometimes I let myself get so worked up about the little things in life. I'm not going to let someone's inappropriate comments get to me because I know in the end that I am happy I have the life that I have. The are a lot of people I wouldn't trade lives with for anything. I have truly been blessed.
  • Stay in touch: It's crazy how you can go a whole month and realize you haven't talked to some of the people that are so important to you! I don't want to let that happen this year!
  • Keep my sink empty: OK, I know it is already the 5th, BUT I am starting this one ASAP! Keeping all the dishes clean without a dishwasher is no small feat in our house!
  • Say "I Love You": People in my life need to know I love them and I don't think I remind them of it often enough!
  • Keep a Journal: (Blogging doesn't count) I think it is important to be able to look back on your life and see where you have been, compare it to where you are now, and realize where you want to be. I want to be able to look back on my blessing and my struggles and reflect on them someday!

WOAH!! I guess I should stop thinking about it or I could be up all night and lets face it, no one wants to read that much :) Most importantly, I just want to make myself a better person this year. I want to be able to look back this December and think, "Wow, I have really come a long way in 2008. I have really changed for the better."

Hopefully my rambling doesn't bore anyone! Happy New Year! May this year be better than the last!

4 comments:

M {3 said...

WOW you are so ambitious and I know you are going to have a great year because I can see how much you have grown in this last year.

mamasteph said...

I agree--you have grown a lot in the last year and we are all very proud of you and what you are doing with your life! And don't feel bad, I still don't have New Year resolutions....maybe I'll get around to it by the time 2009 rolls around! :) Love you sis!

D. SKye Hodges said...

Those are some AWESOME resolutions. It is easy to see that you are really striving to be a better person. One of my resolutions is to make sure that my comments are more uplifting and joyful; Sometimes it is easy to be misinterpreted, but I'm going to try to be better at making sure that I am positive and upbeat. Thanks for sharing your resolutions.

Hair Goddess said...

Im just saying your pretty fabulous and it is hard for you to get much better.... o and if you say that about the weight gain, I may have to punch you in the face... I KID I KID love you sissy