Monday, January 21, 2008

There is music everywhere... you just have to listen for it!

So Adam and I finally made it to see August Rush at the dollar theatre tonight. I have been wanting to take Adam to this movie for probably a year now, ever since we saw a preview for it, and we were thrilled when it finally came to the dollar theatre! I am pretty sure it is now pretty high up there on the list of our favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It is beautiful.
So, while watching this wonderful movie, the most amazing thing happened to me: I fell in love with my husband all over again. Now I know this sounds lame, but it was truly an amazing moment for me. Watching him watch that movie made me realize how great it is that he is so passionate about music. I mean, of all things he could choose to go to school for 7 years for, he is choosing to do something that he is so passionate about, because he knows that his passion could change someone else's life like it did his.
Since I have been home and working on homework I have seriously been contemplating this: Am I that passionate about anything in my life? I don't know. There are a lot of things I love about life, but I'm not sure I have that kind of passion. So that is my goal for this week. I hope to pinpoint something in my life that I am that passionate about. I hope that someday, someone will come upon me and think, "Wow, she is doing what she really loves."

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

I think you are actually a very passionate person. You don't have to pinpoint one specific thing necessarily. You can be passionate about lots of stuff-about Lole, about cooking, etc. My passion is being a mom--it's what I always wanted to be, and I feel blessed every day.

D. SKye Hodges said...

One of the best thing about being in love, is falling in love, with the person you love, again, and again, and again... It's certainly NOT lame, it is something that I look forward too all the time, my wife or one of my children will do something or say something, or just be in the right place, and all those wonderful feelings will just flood my heart again. It's one of the greatest feelings; it's so wonderful that you are feeling it too, hopefully you and your husband will experience it again and again...