Monday, February 18, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~Albert Einstein
"I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message." ~Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter
"Nine tenths of education is encouragement" ~Anatole France
"Many things can wait. Children cannot. Today their bones are being formed, their blood is being made, their senses are being developed. To them we cannot say, 'tomorrow.' Their name is today." ~Gabriela Mistral (Chilean teacher 1899-1957)
"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel." ~Anonymous
"To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Albert Einstein
Quotes like these remind me of why I am so excited to go into education.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Saturday, January 5, 2008
- Get back to the gym: Working out makes me so happy! Just after a good kickboxing work out is one of the greatest feelings and I hope I can get back to doing that for my health and happiness :) (Unless it makes me gain all that weight back... just teasing guys! ;)
- Read: Reading is such a good escape from reality and it seems like I forget about it sometimes! I hope to read at least 12 books this year! (And text books don't count)
- Don't sweat the small stuff: Sometimes I let myself get so worked up about the little things in life. I'm not going to let someone's inappropriate comments get to me because I know in the end that I am happy I have the life that I have. The are a lot of people I wouldn't trade lives with for anything. I have truly been blessed.
- Stay in touch: It's crazy how you can go a whole month and realize you haven't talked to some of the people that are so important to you! I don't want to let that happen this year!
- Keep my sink empty: OK, I know it is already the 5th, BUT I am starting this one ASAP! Keeping all the dishes clean without a dishwasher is no small feat in our house!
- Say "I Love You": People in my life need to know I love them and I don't think I remind them of it often enough!
- Keep a Journal: (Blogging doesn't count) I think it is important to be able to look back on your life and see where you have been, compare it to where you are now, and realize where you want to be. I want to be able to look back on my blessing and my struggles and reflect on them someday!
WOAH!! I guess I should stop thinking about it or I could be up all night and lets face it, no one wants to read that much :) Most importantly, I just want to make myself a better person this year. I want to be able to look back this December and think, "Wow, I have really come a long way in 2008. I have really changed for the better."
Hopefully my rambling doesn't bore anyone! Happy New Year! May this year be better than the last!