Thursday, January 31, 2008

Education

So I was looking for thoughts for my Drama class and I ran into some great quotes that make me smile:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~Albert Einstein

"I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message." ~Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter

"Nine tenths of education is encouragement" ~Anatole France

"Many things can wait. Children cannot. Today their bones are being formed, their blood is being made, their senses are being developed. To them we cannot say, 'tomorrow.' Their name is today." ~Gabriela Mistral (Chilean teacher 1899-1957)

"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel." ~Anonymous

"To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Albert Einstein

Quotes like these remind me of why I am so excited to go into education.

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

What happened to your blog? It doesn't show all of your writings. They are cut off right in the middle of phrases. Let me know if you need some help fixing it!

Biggie T said...

I like what Presdient Monson had to say about education in their press conference. Education is important for both men and women to prepare for life's emegencies and achieving a significant acomplishment.